Mythical Creature Leads Washington State Wine Expansion
December 8, 2014
As new bottles continue to roll out onto shelves throughout the country, Barnard Griffin announces the national launch of its new Griffin label. As winery co-owners Deborah Barnard and Rob Griffin look to further expansion, they huddled with the 2nd generation, daughters Elise Jackson and Megan Hughes, and deemed that it was time for a change. Therefore Barnard Griffin has changed their label and packaging design that had featured tulips.
Barnard Griffin 2012 Fume Blanc named the #2 Best Buy of 2014 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine
“91 Points: Barnard Griffin 2012 Fume Blanc Dry Sauvignon Blanc (Columbia Valley). This tangy, all-stainless, lightly grassy, dry Sauvignon Blanc is a pure and definitive elaboration of the grape’s varietal character. Penetrating and crisp, it would be hard to ask for more from a $9 wine.”
Barnard Griffin Rose Of Sangiovese Wins For 8th Time In San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
Judges again select Barnard Griffin’s Rose of Sangiovese as the best in its category. Barnard Griffin won the Sweepstake award, Gold, and Best of Class in the 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition: This is the 8th time that Barnard Griffin’s Rosé of Sangiovese has won Gold or better in this competition.
Award-winning Barnard Griffin Winery Celebrates 30th Anniversary -- winemaker sets state endurance record!
Rob Griffin now holds the honor of being Washington State's most enduring winemaker; making wine on a continuous basis in Washington longer than any other winemaker in the state. His Barnard Griffin Winery of Richland, Wash., is celebrating its 30th year in operation.
Recent Acclaim for Barnard Griffin Signature and Reserve Wines:
Wine Enthusiast Magazine - July, 2014 Issue
- 93 Points - Editors' Choice: 2008 Sagemoor Vineyards Partners Reserve Bordeaux-style Red Blend
- 92 Points: 2009 Barnard Griffin Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- 91 Points - Best Buy: 2012 Barnard Griffin Fume Blanc
- 91 Points - Editors' Choice: 2012 Barnard Griffin Roussanne
- 90 Points - Best Buy: 2013 Barnard Griffin Rose of Sangiovese
- 90 Points - Best Buy: 2012 Barnard Griffin Chardonnay
- 89 Points - Editors' Choice: 2011 Barnard Griffin Merlot
GreatNorthwestWine.com - 2014
Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin Winery Named Honorary Vintner for Prestigious Auction of Washington Wines
- Outstanding - 2012 Banard Griffin Cabernet Sauvignon
- Outstanding - 2012 Barnard Griffin Merlot
- Outstanding - 2013 Barnard Griffin Chardonnay
August 12, 2010
A true Washington Wine Pioneer, Griffin has been crafting fine wine on a continuing basis longer than any other state of Washington winemaker
For more information, photos, graphics and to set up interviews, please email
# # #
© 2014 Barnard Griffin Winery™, Richland, WA 99352